Thursday, January 19, 2012

New York: St. Patrick´s Cathedral

St. Patrick´s Cathedral, 14 E 51st Street NY

Yesterday, after my long walk through Manhattan, I wanted just stop a short moment in the St. Patrick´s Cathedral and lighten a candle for my travel.

I wondered why there were so many people (no tourists!) inside at 5 p.m. and I saw that the mass will begin in just a few minutes. So I decided to stay and watch.

It was an ecumenical mass and apparently a historic moment for all people. Even the host was surprised about his full church at this time. The staff had to copy a few times the program of the mass, because of so many requests.

The protestant pastor was received like a superstar by his huge community (Applause and cameras everywhere!). I have never seen and felt so much emotion in a church!

The speech of the pastor was touching and the songs of his Gospel choir gave me goosebumps.

I spent a wonderful moment and can just say:

Halleluja!







No comments:

Post a Comment