Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New York: I´m walking...

"What a gorgeous january day" said an old man (who could be the father of Woody Allen) today on the 5th Avenue to me. And he was right! The whole day I was walking in the sun through this overwhelming city! I shot about 200 photos in just one day and I think I got my first sunburn in 2012. Strange, what?!

I woke up at 6 o´clock and started my tour at 8.30 a.m.
First stop: Phone shop At&t and buy an american sim card. Done.

Then, I took my breakfast in a french fast food café (everywhere are french shops, restaurants and cafés! Incroyable!) and I walked down the 5th Avenue and the Broadway till Ground Zero. Here I was really emotional. Even now, if I see pictures or documentaries about 9/11, I have the same feelings as that horrible day in 2001. But to see this place in real life... I have no words… you have to feel it yourself.

With so much emotion I continued my walk till the Staten Island Ferry Terminal and took the ferry to see the Statue of Liberty and this wonderful view of Manhattan. Really nice, this 25minutes tour, and for free!

After this short boat trip, I wanted to see the Brooklyn Bridge. On the way, I discovered the South Street Seaport. This place must be fantastic in summer! It´s also a perfect place to take photos from Brooklyn, the Brooklyn Bridge and sea gulls.

Because the weather was so fine, I walked the whole way back and realized that I had completly forgotten to eat something. So I bought a spicy hotdog. Not bad.

In the evening I had some sushi with a friend in the restaurant Blue Ginger. Delicious!

The most impressing things today are:
- nearly empty streets,
- fire trucks – old style and what a noise!!!
- the incredible architecture


 Background Brooklyn Bridge
  Staten Island Ferry

  Fat rat attacks Manhattan





 
 Empty streets







3 comments:

  1. wow, was für ein programm für deinen ersten tag! da haste jetzt ja schon ne ganze menge gesehen. schick mal deine nr, dann ruf ich dich mal an, oder schick dir sms. in williamsburg musst du mal zur bakeri gehen http://www.bakeribrooklyn.com/ und dann frag mal, ob die noriko da ist und sag ihr nen liebe gruß von mir. dickes bussi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hanna,
    die Nummer hab ich dir geschickt und die Bakeri notiert. Da geh ich mal am Wochenende vorbei.
    Bussi,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. C'est vrai que l'architecture a l'air grandiose, mais j'en doutais pas ;-)
    C'est marrant de te voir au bout du monde en fait!
    Bisous et profite :-)

    ReplyDelete