Tuesday, January 31, 2012

L.A.: Hollywood & Walk of Fame

Walk of Fame??! Today, there was absolutely nothing famous or glamorous in this area!

Only tourists taking photos (like me), souvenir shops with thousands of oscar trophies and stuff that nobody really needs, sordid tattoo & smoke shops, many poor and homeless persons, fast food restaurants, guys selling their Cds, agencies offering to participate in hollywood tours, people pretending to be stars, etc. 

I encountered for example Charlie Chaplin, Catwoman, a Chippendale guy, Darth Vador & R2D2, Woody from Toy Story, Elmo, Jack Sparrow, Zorro, Minnie and Donald, etc. Sorry for them, but their make-up is sometimes so bad, that I understand why nobody wanted to take a picture with them today. But it seems that this business works quite good, because there are so many of these weird creatures everywhere.


I´m very disappointed by this place. I prefer to keep only the glamorous tv pictures in my mind. If you want to see a famous place of film and award history, I recommend Cannes in South France. This city always spreads a chic atmosphere full of glamour! Even without special events. 
 














Chippendale & Elmo

My favorite action heroes Bruce and Harrison


Donald & Minnie


 



Hollywood sign on the hills





OMG! Darth Vador shows his face!!!



An empty star? Maybe for me??! ;-)






2 comments: