Monday, January 9, 2012

New York: First impression

I was really early at the Munich airport today (3 hours before boarding) and quite nervous about the start of my 3month travel.

Departure 11h45: De-icing procedure:
Neufundland: 
Arrival: 3pm New York time:
Sunny welcome in the USA, only a little wait time for entry formalities. 

Fortunatly, I met a very nice person in the airplane who helped me to find quick the airtrain and metro and teached me how to use the metro machines. really strange system... it´s not as easy as it seems!


When I stepped out at Lexington street (Manhattan), I was surprised about the calm in the streets! Reminds me about the first Berlin impression in November 2011.


The podhotel is really nice situated. After a short break in my tiny room, I already checked the neighborhood, supermarket, etc. 


Now it´s time to sleep! Gute Nacht!

2 comments:

  1. Hallo Andrea,
    hoffe du hattest einen angenehmen Flug mit vielen spannenden Filmen :-) Bin so eifersüchtig auf dich!!! Genieß deinen ersten Tag in New York, freue mich schon auf weitere Fotos und Erlebnisberichte :-) Liebe Grüße Simi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danke Simi!
    Ach ja die Filme! Hab mir in den 8einhalb Stunden folgende Filme reingezogen:
    - Puss in boots (Der gestiefelte Kater)
    - What a man
    - The musketeers
    - Cowboys & Aliens
    - Concert: Amy Winehouse in Dingle
    Flug war sehr angenehm, hab mich viel sicherer gefühlt als wenn man von Paris nach München fliegt...
    Bussi, Andrea

    ReplyDelete